iOS 11 Quickstart
Transferring your information has always been a relatively easy process with Apple. You either use iTunes to create a backup or iCloud to create a back up. Plug in the new device and restore from that backup.
iOS 11 Quick Start
With iOS 11 you can now use the same set up procedure as setting up a pair of Apple Airpods.
- Bring both iPhones close together. Turn on the new device and place it near your old iPhone. Both iPhones need to be running iOS 11.
- The Quick Start menu will appear on your current device and present an option to use your Apple ID to set up your new device. Make sure it’s the Apple ID that you want to use, and tap Continue. An animation will appear on the new device. The camera app will open on the old device which you then need to point towards the animation on the new device. Wait for a message that says Finish on New Device. If you can’t use your current device’s camera, tap Authenticate Manually, then follow the steps that appear.
- When prompted, enter your current device’s passcode on the device you’re setting up.
- Follow the instructions to set up Touch ID on your new device.
- When prompted, enter your Apple ID password on your new device.
- Your new device offers the choice of restoring apps, data, and settings from your most recent iCloud backup, or updating your current device’s backup and then restoring. After you select a backup, you can choose whether to transfer some settings related to location, privacy, Apple Pay, and Siri.
- If you have an Apple Watch and you’re setting up a new iPhone, you’ll also be asked if you’d like to transfer your Apple Watch data and settings.